Now the Jubilee weekend is over the Records Office in Chichester would love to recieve your memrobilia of this wonderful weekend for further information click on this link Appeal for ephemera
The Parish Council with members of the community are busy organising events for the Diamond Jubilee which will take place over the weekend of 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th June 2012.
Further information will be posted as and when the details are confirmed but please find below useful information with regard to organising your own street party celebration.
The Progamme of Events has now been decided and hopefully you have recieved a flyer through your door, but just in case read on…..
Saturday 2nd June 2012 from 4pm on the playing field and in the village hall
- Raising the Flag
- Photographic Exhibition of the parish through the ages
- Games on the playing field for parents and children including welly throwing, water bombs! tug of war and a salvage game
- Re-creation of the slowest bicycle race and a bike slalom (bring your bike if you want to participate)
- Come and collect your pre-ordered commemorative cup, there will also be the opportunity to purchase a limited number
- Ye Oldie Sweet Shop – come and get some of the sweets you remember from your childhood
- If this is all too much come and enjoy a cup of tea and a biscuit!
Saturday 2nd June 2012 7.30pm-11.30pm in the village hall
- Dust of your dancing boots! Caller and dancing to the Kingfisher Ceilidh Band with a fish and chip supper. How can you resist?
Monday 4th June 2012 7pm-11.30pm in the village hall and on the playing field
- Come and enjoy the Diamond Jubilee concert on a big screen tv, the music will be relayed outside bring a rug, chairs and your own drink for a fun filled evening
- Hog Roast available (tickets for food must be purchased in advance)
- Come in 1950/60’s costume and you will receive a reward
- Lighting the new beacon
- Singing the national anthem
TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE …..
Tickets for the Ceilidh Dance are £9.00 per adult and £5.00 per Child
Tickets for the Hog Roast are £8.00 per adult £4.00 per child and under 5’s free
Provision has been made for vegetarians at both events, but please don’t forget to notify use at the time of booking.
Cheques should be made payable to North Mundham Parish Council and all children must be accompained by an adult.
We hope that you will take part in the event by dressing up in outfits from any time within the sixty year reign of the queen, however, if you don’t have any clothes at the back your cupboard you may wish to hire some the nearest company is Chichester Fancy Dress
The Parish Council is very keen for the community to organise Street Parties on Sunday 3rd June 2012 to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and will continue to post any information that the parish council recieves to help you organise this event.
street party guidelines from Communities and Local Government this information will advice you on the red tape involved in organising a street party. Please take a look as there is not that much involved.
sample street party invite you are welcome to amend and use this invite if you feel it is suitable for your event
Temporary Road Closure Application Form for Chichester District Council (it is illegal to close a road without permission) and you must apply a minimum of eight weeks before the closure.
Diamond Jubilee Tree Planting
The First Event to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee has taken place on Friday 2nd March 2012, fifteen children from North Mundham Primary School joined representatives from North Mundham Playing Field Trustees, North Mundham Parish Council and the School Governers and Neil and Jason Van der Wee to plant five new trees in the playing field to commerate the Diamond Jubilee. The trees were kindly donated by Neil Van der Wee of Brick Kiln Nursery & Garden Centre, who not only kindly donated the trees they also donated their time, the stakes, plant food and compost and the rabbit protection which will hopefully get the trees off to a good start.